Sunday, December 30, 2012

Must see dramas!!!

Must Watch Korean Dramas!!!
Attention:  to the new and the not so new to Korean dramas
            My first exposure to Korean dramas was not until 2003. During that time, I was more into Taiwanese drama series.  But just like any other K-drama and Kpop fans out there, it was inevitable that I got hooked on K-dramas.  Indeed the popularity of K-drama and Kpop culture has crossed all barriers.  Nowadays both Koreans and non-Koreans follow K-dramas, films, and of course Hallyu stars.  So I thought maybe some of you who are new or not so new to Korean dramas would like to know what K-drama series are worth watching specially during off days.  By that, I mean those days when your latest K-drama shows are not airing.

            While making the list, I realized how much dramas I have watched already and yet I’m still wanting for more.  It’s a good thing that Cheongdamdong Alice is still on and of course The King of Dramas which will end this week.  Aside from that, Flower Boy Next Door is something I am looking forward to watching this January.  I remember those times when there isn’t any that caught my attention and the feeling was awful.  I just didn’t feel complete knowing there was nothing to watch in the afternoon after I came home from an exhausting day at work. Anyways, I don’t want to focus on me but the dramas I have seen in the past, some of them I watched twice or more and I hope all of you out there would share with me what you think.

            The lists are classified according to genre and are arranged according to the year they were broadcasted.  I also ranked them from my most favorite to least per year.


Romance, Comedy, Drama

2003
·         Attic Cat – It is a story of discovering the real meaning of loving a person amidst the oddity of situations.

2004
·         Full House- If you have seen Full House Take 2, I say you have to watch this and you’ll love it.  The characters are both adorable!

·         Snow White

2005
·         Hello My Teacher – To all Gong Yoo fans out there who haven’t seen him in dramas during his younger years, you have to check this out.  Well, I’m not saying he’s “old” so don’t get me wrong because I am a fan, myself. 

·         My Girl    
·         My Name is Kim Sam Soon

2006
·         What’s Up Fox?
·         Goong
·         Couple Fantasy/ Couple or Trouble

2007
·         Coffee Prince
·         Dal Ja’s Spring
·         Witch Yoo Hee/ Witch Amusement
·         Get Carl! Oh Soo Jung

2008
·         When It’s at Night

2009
·         City Hall – I just love Kim Sun Ah in this drama.  In the first few episodes, she’s so hilarious.  This drama is a balance between comedy and drama.  The Kim Sun Ah – Cha Seung Won tandem worked in perfect harmony resulting to one unforgettable drama worth watching several times.

·         You’re Beautiful- This is the first Jan Geun Suk drama and I was not disappointed.
·         Boys Before Flower- Korean version of Taiwan’s Meteor Garden.  Is it better?  Ah, I’m caught in the middle!

·         Take Care of the Young Lady/My Fair Lady- If you want to see Yoon Eun Hye in her fashionista-to-the-highest-level character, watch this!

2010
·         Mary Stayed Out All Night- The very first romantic comedy series of Moon Geun Young.   Oh my, this girl is so versatile- historical, drama, comedy- you name it, and she can do it!

·         Personal Taste
·         Mischievous Kiss/Playful Kiss
·         Oh My Lady

2011
·         The Greatest Love- CSW!  Do I have to say more? J
·         Lie To Me
·         Flower Boy Ramyun Shop – So fun to watch!
·         My Princess
·         Protect the Boss
·         Baby-faced Beauty
·         Bachelor’s Vegetable Store

2012
·         Wild Romance- Lee Si Young is finally in my celebrity list because of this drama.  She needs to be given more lead roles.

·         The King of Dramas- Who doesn’t laugh at the character’s sarcastic punches?!
·         Cheongdamdong Alice
·         I Do, I Do
·         Heaundae Lovers
·         Panda and Hedgehog
·         Big
·         Full House Take 2
·         I Need Romance
·         Dream High 2

Romance, Drama

2004
·         Love Story in Harvard
·         Lovers in Paris

2006
·         I Really, Really Like You
·         One Fine Day

2008
·         Powerful Opponents

2009
·         Shining Inheritance
·         Cinderella Man
·         Invincible Lee Pyung Kang
·         Will It Snow for Christmas?

2010
·         Prosecutor Princes
·         Still, Marry Me/The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry
·         Stars Falling from the Sky/ Pick the Stars

2011
·         Scent of a Woman
·         Glory Jane/Man of Honor
·         Heartstrings
·         Me Too, Flower
·         Myung Wol, the Spy
·         Romance Town
·         Birdie Buddy

2012
·         Innocent Man- Definitely, the best in 2012!
·         The King 2Hearts
·         Reply 1997
·         Shut Up Flower Boy Band
·         Love Rain
·         Feast of the Gods


Historical/Period, Contemporary history, Drama

2003
·         Dae Jang Geum/Jewel in the Palace

2004
·         Fashion 70’s
·         The Painters of the WindMoon Geun Young have proven even then that though she’s young, her acting ability is mature enough to take on challenging roles.

2009   
·         Tamra, the Island

2011
·         The Princess’ Man
·         The Duo

Historical, Fantasy, Romance

2012
·         Queen In Hyun’s Man- This is the best time travel drama this 2012 bar none!  If you haven’t seen it before, you’re missing a lot.
·         Rooftop Prince
·         Faith/The Great Doctor
·         Arang and the Magistrate
·         Time Slip Dr. Jin

Romance, Fantasy

2010
·         Secret Garden
·         My Girlfriend is a Gumiho

2011
·         49 Days

2012
·         Queen In Hyun’s Man
·         Rooftop Prince
·         I Love Lee Tae Ri

Family, Romance

2009
·         Creating Destiny
·         2010
·         It’s Okay Daddy’s Girl
·         Baker King, Kim Tak Goo
·         Cinderella’s Sister
·         2012
·         Oh La La Couple

Action, Drama

2011
·         Little Girl K/Killer k
·         City Hunter
·         Poseidon

2012
·         Ghost/Phantom

            There you go!  If there are dramas not in my list that you think is a good one to watch, please feel free to post your suggestion on the comment section.  By the way, these dramas may be available at www.viki.com, www.hancinema.net, or www.dramafever.com.

See you next time!  Enjoy watching Kdramas!


5 comments:

  1. Wow! You are really an avid fan of a K-drama. You know all those titles plus the artist/s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I just can't help it! Although, I get disappointed when the drama I'd like to watch is not available somewhere I could watch with english subtitles.

      Delete
  2. omg u should be a writer. i like ur page, please continue writing. also, the thing is i didn't read most of the writing, i just glance through plus i checked every one of them interesting or cool. i myself watched most of the dramas u mentioned and i started watching k-dramas 2001. i'll try to check ones a while so, i can watch too the ones u said r interesting. thanks and fighting.. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment! I am glad you like the page. :)

      Delete
  3. wow!!...thank u very much....i just watched few dramas...its delightful to have a list like this as a guide to watch one by one...i hope i will complete all those mentioned by you.....
    may you find your happiness in whatever you do...

    ReplyDelete