Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Looking Back: Marry Me, Mary

Looking Back:
Marry Stayed Out All Night/ Marry Me, Mary

Before that kiss, how can I forget this scene…

Mae Ri:  I was supposed to be with someone I loved!  You ruined it!  You jerk!
Moo Kyul:  Mae Ri…
Mae Ri:  You said you didn’t see me as a girl!
Moo Kyul:  You said you didn’t see me as a guy.
Mae Ri:  You told me not to like you…because of the contract…
Moo Kyul:  You too…said you didn’t like me…
               This drama which shifted from Rom Com to romance drama remained captivating because of the charm and appeal of the actors and actresses on and off camera—on and off characters.  This was aired on November 8, 2010 to December 28, 2010 by KBS2.  It has 16 episodes full of cuteness and charm!  It wasn’t extraordinary but who wouldn’t want to watch the three main leads of this show?
Mae Ri-  She was a dutiful daughter who is forced to marry the son of his dad’s wealthy friend as a way to return the huge help her dad received.  However, she falls in love with an indie rock star.
Byun Jung In- He is the son of her (Mae Ri) dad's weathy friend.  The first time he learned about the agreement between his dad and Mae Ri’s, he didn’t think much of it until he got to know Mae Ri.  Later, his heart is captured by Mae Ri’s innocence and kindness.
Kang Moo Kyul- An indie-rock band lead vocals.  He signed a contract with Mae Ri that he will not see her as a woman; that he will just help her escape from the marriage agreement her dad put her into.  But the more he gets to know her, the more he falls for her.
Seo Joon- The woman in Moo Kyul’s past.  She is an actress and she’s popular but why couldn’t she get Moo Kyul to go back to her?
Mae Ri’s first piggy back ride along with the promise to not fall in love with him.
Moo Kyul, thinking that Mae ri married Jung In.
Pictures of a happy couple:


4 comments:

  1. I really liked this drama! All the main leads were great at portraying there character, great music and laughs...lost track of what I was saying but HEY! Lets not forget the HOT kiss scene!! That just made me squeal like a fan girl to the max! And lets not forget the 2 main characters had good chemistry. Now I think I have to see this again haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, so much!!! I am so glad to know that I wasn't the only one who felt the way I did when they first kiss in this drama. :) And the chemistry, yes! Hands down, it was THE CHEMISTRY! I even remember watching the awards ceremony. When Moon Geun Young was doing her speech, Jang Geun Suk was like rooting for her as if he's the boyfriend. That too made me giggle!

      Delete
  2. This design iѕ speсtаcular! You obviously knоw
    how to kеeρ а reаdeг amused.
    Between your wit anԁ your ѵideos, I wаs almost moνed to ѕtart my own blog (well, almost.
    ..HaНа!) Εxcellent јοb.

    I гeally enjoyed what you had to say, and mоre than thаt, how you
    presenteԁ it. Too cool!
    Look at my web-site - Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanm you for the compliment. And yes I will check your website.

    ReplyDelete