Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Looking Back Drama Pick of the Week: The Greatest Love

Looking back…
            This week on looking back, the drama I picked is The Greatest Love.  This is a story of Go Ae Jung and Dokko  Jin.  Ae Jung was a member of a girl group, The National Treasure Girls which was popular 10 years ago.  The group was disbanded and everyone, except for one member who knows the truth behind the separation, blamed it all on Go Ae Jung.  There were so many negative speculations about her which caused her showbiz career to collapse.  Although she is still in the business, her brother who is her manager almost has to beg for projects for her. 
            There was an unexpected incident that led to her meeting with Dokko Jin.  He is a popular movie star and is at the peak of his career.  At first he doesn’t want to have anything to do with Ae Jung but a series of events caused them to be involved with each other. 
            There is also Yoon Pil Joo who is an oriental medicine doctor who will develop a romantic interest towards Go Ae Jung and will get his chance through the reality dating show.  Both Dokko Jin and Yoon Pil Joo fall for Ae Jung both on and off the screen.
            Although a lot of Cha Seung Won’s fans didn’t like Gong Hyo Jin to be his partner in this drama, I still think that there wouldn’t have been another actress who could have given better justice to Ae Jung’s character.  I think she was believable in her acting and if you will watch the series you will find that there is a good chemistry between the two.  They both did a great job in this drama!
 Below is a slide show of some scenes from the drama series.  Enjoy everyone!
This drama is still available at www.viki.com.
WordPress plugin

6 comments:

  1. The Greatest Love was one of my favorite k-dramas from 2011. I almost missed it, but I am glad I didn't. :)
    Great blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of the best right (if not the best)? I didn't watch it until last november. I can't believe I waited that long!

      Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. :)

      Delete
  2. i've watched the greatest love in diff website 'cause viki had no license on my area. either way i loved that drama and it was really a good drama.i love the way u described every character and u should try to write books 'cause ur good narrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      It was really good, indeed. Right now, I am just having fun talking about what I love:)

      Delete
  3. Greatest Love is the most 'fun' drama I have ever watched. Cha Seung-Won
    is one of the most outrageously charismatic men I have ever seen and he brings such a vitality to this drama. I don't think anyone else could have pulled this off the way he did. This is definitely one of my favourite dramas too.

    ReplyDelete